Analysis of the organizational maturity of CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Based in Montréal, the CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal manages a wide variety of projects related to the health of the population of its territory. Various services (divisions) and stakeholders are involved in the implementation of these projects, hence the need for the CIUSSS to be well equipped in project management.
One of the organization’s main findings, however, was that each division had its own project management methods, creating a lack of overall consistency.
In 2018, the CIUSSS used the expertise of GPBL Projectwise to conduct an analysis of its organizational maturity in project management. The objective of this approach was to obtain a comprehensive analysis of the project management tools currently used within the CIUSSS.
of the strategy statement is generally not implemented by organizations due to problems with the planning and execution of projects, programs and project portfolios.
About the CIUSSS
The Integrated university health and social services centre (Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux) of central south of Montréal (Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal) Provides health and social services to ensure the health and well-being of the resident of the territory.
Health care and social assistance
Mandate to analyze the maturity of the organization in project management
The CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal commissioned GPBL Projectwise to carry out a diagnosis in organizational project management and make recommendations for improvement in project management.
Diagnose the practices and tools of the CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal in project management
- Base the diagnosis on known benchmarks and the organization’s expertise
- Collect data through interviews
Process of maturity diagnosis
To conduct the CIUSSS maturity analysis in project management, GPBL Projectwise made a maturity diagnosis in accordance with industry-recognized practices.
A four-step work has resulted in relevant recommendations to increase organizational maturity and optimize the CIUSSS’s overall performance in project management.
Steps of the maturity diagnosis in organizational project management
- Start-up meeting to validate needs, get a vision and understand organizational culture
- Data Collection through documentation findings, interviews, online questionnaires and focus groups
- Prioritization Workshop for presenting findings and selecting concrete solutions that take into account the reality of the organization
- Executive report and Action plan to improve organizational performance in project management, maximize project benefits and standardize ways of doing business
To follow: Step 5
Training and Coaching
- Setting up a project office
- Project Management Training
- Recruitment of project management experts
- Setting up the implementation processes for organizational project management software such as Sciforma
Challenges encountered when diagnosing maturity
In its analysis process, GPBL Projectwise considered various issues that had a direct impact on the CIUSSS’s overall project management performance:
- Separate and different operation of the various services (divisions) of CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal in terms of project management, making it difficult to implement the proposed recommendations
- High level of difficulty due to each department’s different vision of organizational project management (division)
- Unequal (non-uniform) level of knowledge between CIUSSS divisions for project management
In order to offer a global vision to the CIUSSS, GPBL Projectwise has decided to prioritize the standardization of organizational project management practices.
Result: a clear diagnosis and concrete recommendations to increase performance in organizational project management
The intervention of GPBL Projectwise enabled the CIUSSS Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal to develop a diagnosis report on its level of organizational maturity in project management.
In addition to analyzing the level of maturity in organizational project management, this report includes recommendations to improve the CIUSSS’s organizational project, program and project portfolio management practices.
The earnings for the CIUSSS are numerous:
- Uniformity of the organization’s project management practices
- Better project planning
- Optimal project monitoring
- Organizational efficiency in project management
The diagnostic report and recommendations will serve as the basis for potentially developing a methodological guide in project management, in conjunction with the CIUSSS.
Would you also like to know the maturity of your project management organization?
Contact us for a full analysis and recommendations that will help you increase your project management performance.