OUR PROCEDURE FOR IMPROVING PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
Improving your project, program and portfolio management process is a continuous process that starts with a good methodology. Find out how GPBL Projectwise helps you to set it up with a structured approach that has proven itself to optimize project management in various companies.
88% of business executives know how important the strategy is, but 61% of them admit that they have difficulties into translating it into specific actions.
Projects and programs that are aligned with an organization’s strategic plan are more likely to be achieved than projects or programs that are not (71% and 48% respectively).
The most successful organizations have a stronger strategic alignment of their projects and programs, and achieve 89% of their projects (compared with 36% for low-performing organizations).
THE KEY TO OPTIMIZE YOUR MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
The growth of a business requires the implementation of projects. The project management process can, however, represent a major challenge for business leaders. Hence the importance of having the right project management tools to be able to effectively manage the resources and the costs of your business projects.
Managing your projects in a structured and standardized way is an art that can be learned! Discover the GPBLApproach, designed to improve your project, program and portfolio management practices.
THE STEPS TOWARDS BETTER PROJECT MANAGEMENT
If there was a magic recipe for good project management, everyone would know it! Since each company is different, and the approach to improving project management practices must adapt to reality. However, there are bases in project management that can be applied, in a personalized way, to meet the needs of your business.
We adopt the process according to your reality Main challenges our customers meet in project management:
- Implement a common project management process
- Respect the project objectives and deadlines
- Speed up the pace in project management
- Ensure a good management of project costs
- Establish reliable key performance indicators
- Stand out from the competition in its management procedures
Over the past few years, we have developed a 3-step process that supports our clients towards more efficient and optimal project management.
1. AWARENESS OF LEADERS ON THE IMPORTANCE OF IMPROVEMENT IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The awareness step is the key to performance in project management. It provides a solid foundation for your improvement process for improving project management practices.
This first step concretely makes business leaders aware of the different benefits of project management within your company. It also helps you to develop a common vision regarding the objectives and orientations of your project management.
What you can gain from it:
- A common language to simplify the management of your projects
- The commitment of business leaders on the next steps to adopt for a better project management
- An environment for exchanges and reflection that will allow you to share and enhance your ideas, your actions and your results
- A personalized game plan to optimize your project management procedures
2. ORGANIZATIONAL MATURITY DIAGNOSIS IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT
During this step, we analyze your project management processes to identify their strengths and weaknesses. We clearly identify improvement targets to help your company act quickly in project management. You will then receive a structured action plan to guide your actions in the short, medium and long term.
Methods that can be deployed to analyze your actual project management process:
- Online questionnaires
- One-on-one interview
- Focus groups
- A documentation analysis
4 axes of the action plan towards a better project management procedure:
- Methodologies (project, program and portfolio)
- Skills management
- Knowledge management
What you can gain from it:
- A complete and personalized report on the current situation of your project management process
- A detailed action plan, based on your actual needs, to guide you in the next steps toward more effective project management
- Progressive realistic, concrete and measurable goals to set up to improve your project management process in business
- The involvement of key resources who will have participated in the process of evaluation and transformation in project management for your company
3. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ACTION PLAN FOR OPTIMAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Implementation is the step where your company’s action plan is applied within your organization. During this stage, it becomes essential to dissect your objectives and the solutions at your disposal to properly train your business leaders and their teams.
Any optimal project management process must include a continuous improvement cycle. This is what will ultimately allow you to maintain and elevate your activities to a high level of efficiency.
Our team of experts is there to help you analyze and review your project management process to ensure that your business objectives are met.
Methods that can be deployed to implement the action plan:
- Support and coaching in project management
- Development of project management tools and processes
- Workshops and training on project management procedures
What you can gain from it:
- A concrete procedure to promote integrated, standardized and optimized project management
- Roles well documented and communicated effectively for all members of your team involved in the project management process
- Available and solid tools to support the project management functions in your company
- A trained and better equipped team to manage new projects effectively
« The awareness session is great for having a pressure-free moment to be able to name things. In addition, the organization can now prioritize actions to improve our project management practices. »
« The good moves: the opening and the way to proceed so that everyone has a good understanding. The terms of project management were not known to all and it is now resolved. »
« The vulgarization and the ability to transfer the reflection in our field of construction is an undeniable asset. »
« Wow for the level of experience of the team and its ability to present it in a useful and applicable way for our team. »
« The professionalism of the team, their support/understanding/flexibility throughout the process and their practical/theoretical knowledge are elements that have definitely marked me. »
« The final report is very visual. »
« I enjoyed meetings with employees at all levels to get a good overview. »
« What I appreciated most is the awareness of our project management in “silo” and the tools proposed to change this fact. »
« The experience with GPBL is to feel that its input has value. It is to allow everyone to open up with confidence in a safe environment, in order to make things better. »
« The mandate was managed as a project and the steps were well planned and followed. »
Take action and spread success with our 3-step journey to improve your project
Contact Us to take advantage of the GPBLApproach.